In the “Practical” series of this blog: an at a glance cheat sheet to help market to female buyers.
Remember, women are half the market and in the U.S. alone, they account for over 85% of all purchasing decisions (source: Mindshare/Ogilvy Mather).
Here are two approaches that echoed for me: the 7 principles for marketing to women — all applicable for social media and the 7 key underlying insights for marketing to women.
7 PRINCIPLES FOR MARKETING TO WOMEN – all applicable for social media
This comes from Dr. Bob Deutsch, a cognitive anthropologist and a founder and president of a strategic branding and communications consultancy Brain Sells.
3. Quality – note this one, it is a strong driver
6. Quality of life
Read the full post by I ❤ social media here.
Then, you also need to be aware of the…
7 KEY UNDERLYING INSIGHTS FOR MARKETING TO WOMEN.
1. There is no “women’s market” there’s “your women’s market”
2. “Brand Lite” isn’t the answer
3. Communicate differently: value vs listing features
4. Understand that she’s always watching — Women are great at detecting inconsistencies.
5. Respect her
6. Embrace high standards — Women are suckers for quality
7. Be willing to commit — the dreaded “c” word.
Read more here
Convinced ? Let me know your thoughts.